The Access 2 EntertainmentTM card provides free admission (or a significant discount) for support persons accompanying a person with a disability at member movie theatres across Canada. The person with the disability pays regular admission. This program was developed
by an advisory group of nine national disability organizations, in conjunction with Cineplex Entertainment.
Persons with a permanent disability who require a support person when attending a movie theatre are eligible for the card. The applicant must agree to follow the terms and conditions for use of the card (see below).
A support person is an individual who accompanies a person with a disability to provide those services that are not provided by theatre employees, such as assisting the person with eating, administering medication, communication and use of the facilities.
We are pleased to have been able to offer the first 20,000 cards free in the first year. From September 1, 2006 onwards there will be a $20 fee to acquire the Access 2 Entertainment Card. The card will be valid for 5 years and will include 2 free movie passes valued at approximately
There are two steps to apply for the card.
1. The applicant must pay a $20 administrative fee to receive
• an Access 2 Entertainment card (valid for 5 years), and
• 2 free movie passes valued at approximately $20
Note: A cheque or money order for $20 can be made payable to Easter Seals Canada. We are
unable to accept credit cards or cash.
2. If the applicant has a CNIB client ID card, or the Disability Travel CardTM (issued by
Easter Seals Canada),
• Complete Section B.
• Attach a photocopy of either the CNIB client ID card, or the Disability Travel Card. Do
not send originals.
Note: With either of these cards, Section C is not required.
If the applicant does not have a CNIB client ID card, or the Disability Travel Card,
• Complete Section B.
• Have your health care provider complete Section C, and attach to Section B.
• The application for the Access 2 Entertainment card must be verified by a Registered
Health Care Provider as defined in this application form.
Note: The applicant must be a client/patient of the authorizing health care provider.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. The applicant must pay a $20 administrative fee to acquire the Access 2
2. The application form must be submitted by a person with a disability or a legal
guardian on his or her behalf.
3. The applicant must be identified as having a disability by a registered health care
provider or a recognized service provider and he/she must be a client/patient of the
authorizing health care professional/service provider.
4. The applicant must present the Access 2 Entertainment card along with personal
identification at the movie theatre Box Office when purchasing his or her own movie
5. The person with a disability and support person must attend the movie together.
6. The discounted admission fee for the support person will be free or no more than
$3.00. Prices may vary from theatre chain to chain.
7. This program is administrated by Easter Seals Canada on behalf of the Access 2 Entertainment Partners. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for processing of your application and delivery of your Access 2 Entertainment card. (Note: If your $20 fee is not included in your application. Your application will be held until the fee is received. This will increase the amount of time it takes to process your application).
8. This card shall be valid for a period of 5 years from date of issue after which a renewal application form must be filed with Easter Seals Canada with a renewal fee
9. There is a $20 replacement fee for a lost or stolen card.
10. Misuse or abuse of this card shall result in the immediate termination and
confiscation of the card and its privileges.
11. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice under the authority
of the Access 2 Entertainment Partners.
No description. Please update your profile.